Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Day






Dan and I had a wonderful memorial day. The weather was perfect so we got outside and enjoyed the weather. We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (http://www.cmzoo.org/) to check out the new exhibit. Its called Rocky Mountain Wild it "connects you with the wild heritage of the Rocky Mountain region – offering surprising, engaging and memorable encounters with moose, mountain lions, North American river otters, lynx, bald eagles and grizzly bears." (from website) The baby moose came out to greet us. We went straight to the exhibit when the zoo opened so it was just us. The grizzly bears were hiding. Then we went and saw the monkeys,hippos and a few other animals. We have a zoo pass so we just go and see what we want since we can go any time.











Then we stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and went to territory days. Which is a street fair held in Old Colorado City every Memorial Day Weekend. We bought some honey and chip dips.

That day I also reflected on those who have made the Ultimate Sacrifice serving our great nation. I thought of a young man named Ryan Reed who I went to High School with who lost his life April 24,2004. I had talked to him a few times in classes and didnt know him that well. Familys,friends of those who lost someone serving are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment